POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Very minor feature request : Re: Very minor feature request Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:22:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Very minor feature request
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 7 Sep 2001 11:53:29
Message: <3b98ed79@news.povray.org>
In article <3B9866BC.29D96A02@unforgettable.com> , Xplo Eristotle
<inq### [at] unforgettablecom>  wrote:

> It would seem to make more sense for the programmer to change the code
> once rather than force the users to change it every time someone
> downloads it, but I guess as long as Thorsten believes that Thou Shalt
> Not Add Keyboard Shortcuts I don't have much choice.

OK, that is it!  You know, you think you are an "expert user" and in reality
have no clue, yet you keep complaining for no reason other than it seems to
be fun to get back at developers (and no big company would even bother to
reply).

You know why there aren't keyboard shortcuts for everything, and in fact
there don't need to be keyboard shortcuts at all?  It is because they are
effectively _slower_ than using the mouse.  Users wouldn't believe it (so
maybe they are stupid after all? ;-) and Apple had to put them in just to
keep people quiet.  Nevertheless, they are completely inefficient!  So,
please stop this nonsense discussion now.  If you don't like how the program
works, don't use it.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde